Top Banner

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSA Collects EXIF information from your photos

Did you know that all digital photos include encoded information (EXIF Metadata) that includes things like camera make and serial number, and GPS location?
    The NSA collects and analyzes EXIF data, too. Its hardly a surprise now, but a few years ago, files were released that showed training materials from the NSAs XKeyscore program and how it aimed to use EXIF data (among many other pieces of data) as part of intelligence collection).

Did you know that every photo that you post on Facebook, twitter, Snapchat, your Email... is collected by the NSA and logged with its EXIF for intelligence purposes?

Do you realize that mean that your photos on the Internet are traceable to your camera/phone with the date place and time taken?

How many selfies do you figure the government has of you?

Do you know that there is a way to strip that metadata from your photos with Windows?

Did you know that most cameras embed hidden information, called metadata, into every photograph taken? And when you share those images, say by uploading them to a social network, that hidden information often stays embedded?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I'm glad I saw this...I knew "The Man" collects info and spies on us but I had no idea to that extent.

Comment

Bottom Ad

Collapse

Working...
    X